Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Gott's

Half-day at work. I got out at noon, starving, wondering where to go grab lunch; I looked up at the sky. Cloudy but slowly clearing up. San Mateo usually has good weather this time of the year. I looked over the hills towards San Francisco. Heavily cloudy. No chance of clearing up anytime soon, even as per the forecast. The choice was clear. San Francisco's weather always wins.

I already knew what I wanted to eat, so after picking up a friend I started doing the rounds of Ferry Building on the Embarcadero. Why was it so crowded on a weekday afternoon? Why was I stuck in traffic as soon as I entered the city? The answer was in front of me- The Farmer's Market. Ordinarily this kind of traffic and the inability to find a parking spot would irk me. But not in this city. Every thing about this city is absolutely gorgeous and magical.

You might have not guessed the restaurant I'm hinting at since there are so many located there. Well my heart lies with Gott's. The burgers there are one of the best I've tasted, and the locale earns it brownie points. There is provision for both indoor and outdoor seating, plenty of space, and the menu not only includes burgers but salads, fries, milkshakes, the works. 


Any of the burgers listed can be made vegetarian, and thankfully their veggie patties don't taste chewy and inedible like certain soy patties. Fillings are generous and delicious, including a variety like salsa and avocado. A MUST-HAVE are the garlic fries because there are only a few things on earth that taste so good. Make it a point to ask for their special dipping sauce with your order. It's this amazing ranch-like sauce with garlic and herbs in it; but they call it Ranch so just go with it! Chocolate milkshake? Thick and sinful; but hey, if you pray hard enough, calories do make their way out of your body while you're sleeping. 

Go get yourself some Gott's; yeah, you're most welcome :)

1 comment: