Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Yamo!

Yelp has been a great help (hey! that rhymes) to me since I started using it religiously about a year ago. If it was not for that, I probably would have missed this tiny hole-in-the-wall burmese restaurant in the Mission. No denying, a lot of these inconspicuous places in San Francisco serve some of the best food. Yamo is no exception.

You enter this place and a single long table with 8 bar stools and an open kitchen greets you. There is a constant rotation of people as they come and go, like some round of musical chairs.
The menu is not too elaborate which is good because it makes it easier for me to make up my mind :)

My husband got the house noodles with beef, and I requested the house noodles with some veggies. Even though it was not on the menu they were extremely accommodating about it and prepared it for me in no time. I wish I would have taken some pictures! But I was too hungry for that to cross my mind; so please make do with pictures from Yelp as of now!

Noodles are cooked to perfection, the veggies and beef both were sauteed in a wok till you could smell the deliciousness, thrown in together with the noodles in a bowl and garnished with some garlic on top (YUM). The chilli sauce is a great addition. We downed our bowls in record time and were wondering why we paid for an hour at the parking meter. Oh well.

Other items on the menu which we did not order (because we were only the two of us and the quantity of the noodles is a good amount for one person) but looked great on our neighbors' plates were the tea leaf salad and the curry prawns with noodles (my husband tried hard not to stare).

The prices are extremely affordable, the food tastes incredible, the only reason I may skip going to Yamo is if I see a line of 10 people outside (which I have). If you don't want to wait, go during lunch hours because even if it is full the wait is not too long.

Absolutely worth it, 4/5 stars in my book!
Going back again? Heck yeah!



No comments:

Post a Comment